Notice and Choice – What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- We collect information from you when you make a donation, sign up for our mailing list, attend an event or request information from our organization.
- When making a donation on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or bank account information.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to another company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the service requested.
- You may visit our site anonymously.
- Your personal information will be used for the following expressed purposes:
- To process donations.
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs.
- The contact information that you submit may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your donations. In addition, unless you ask us not to, we may contact you occasionally regarding ministry news or updates.
Security – How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you make a donation or anytime you enter, submit or access your personal account information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information provided via our website is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database, only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- All personal or sensitive information that is either relayed verbally or mailed to our office in the form of checks or in other written form is handled only by authorized personnel, and they are required to keep the information confidential. All computers and files are kept in a secure environment.
- After a transaction is made, your private credit card and other financial information will not be stored on our own servers.
Third Party Links:
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party links or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nevertheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- You may access your personal account information that you created on our website by logging back on to your account and making any changes to your information that you wish at any time.
- For all other personal information given to our ministry not transmitted via our website, you may contact our office to make any changes or deletions at the contact information provided below in #8.
- Our website is not directed at children under the age of 13, and we are in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act).
Hope Ministries Uganda USA
Hickory, NC 28602
Email: [email protected]